March 15, 2009
Jesus,
I scramble to make sense of my life.
Clutter fills my heart with excuses so to hide my fear.
I know I am not living the life you are inviting me into.
You cleansed the holy temple of excess and greed.
You stormed their prayer overturning priorities and control.
You promised that all would be rebuilt if destruction came.
People did not understand that your body would be raised.
Their questions and resentments overwhelmed them.
Human nature revealed itself to you so clearly.
Jesus,
Clear away the clutter in my heart, the chaos of finding myself.
Clear from the temple of my thoughts, the despair that gets me down.
Clear away my belief that I am all alone on this journey.
Overturn the violence I do to myself.
Overturn the cruelty I do to others by my words and judgments.
Overturn the brutality of cultural racism, greed and ignorance.
Stop our nation’s bloodshed.
Stop our arrogant thoughts and actions.
Stop the violence we impose on our neighbors.
As much as we try we cannot do any of these things on our own.
Help us respond to the prompting of your loving Spirit.
Help us sort out what is to remain in relationship with you.
Help us to move beyond our own reliance.
Jesus,
Calm us as we pray.
Calm us because we worship as your Body on earth.
You invite us under the protection of your holy temple, under the guidance of love.
Amen
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment